1. Find your district legislatures.
2. Click the link for your Assembly memeber
3. On your Assembly member's page locate the "Contact Me" or "Email Us" button
or pull-down link and click it.
(you'll also find Capital and/or District office street address for mail in)
4. Fill out the required fields (note: your home address must be in the legislature's
5. On the "Select and Issue" pull-down field, select the option for commenting or
sharing an opinion on a bill/legislation
6. Click the radio button "Support"
7. Cut/Paste the below scripted message in the "Comments" box -OR- write a
personal message in your own words asking for his/her support in a
professional and respectful manner.
SUPPORT AB 2972
8. Click the "Submit" button to send your message
9. PLEASE FORWARD/SHARE THIS CALL TO ACTION WITH ALL YOUR
FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ALSO LIVE HERE IN CA and ask
them to send and email to email@example.com be added to our
Call-To-Action distribution list.
Motorcycle Profiling is a real and pervasive problem in California. The historical pattern of evidence is documented and irrefutable. Individuals and groups of motorcyclists are regularly the victims of selective enforcement solely based on their appearance, not their conduct, even during funerals, political and charitable events. Motorcycle Profiling is Unconstitutional: Profiling relies on appearance to establish suspicion as opposed to the legal requirement of conduct. A motorcycle profiling stop amounts to the motorcyclist being detained, cited, motorcycle seized, or both because of constitutionally protected expression and/or association. The costs to the state and local municipalities, as well as to law-abiding citizens of not addressing the issue of motorcycle profiling continue to mount as the problem gets worse. AB 2972 was introduced by Assemblymember Anna Caballero, prohibiting law enforcement from engaging in this practice. This is a highly effective solution, with no required training or fiscal impact, and doesn't prevent law enforcement from doing their job. Similar bills have already been enacted in WA and MD with other states proposing their own this year. As a taxpayer, voter and concerned constituent of your district, I respectfully request and URGE you to support and vote AYE for AB 2972, both in your respective committee(s) and on the Assembly vote. Also, please consider becoming a Co-Author by contacting Anna Caballero's office. Thank you for your consideration and action on this important bill - AB 2972.
Copyright © San Diego Confederation of Clubs. All rights reserved.